Monday, December 22, 2014

Bill of Rights. Void where prohibited by law.

I begin amused, then get frustrated, then angry, and finally livid when I see anti-gunners spout off statistics about the dangers of guns, crime rates, and the effectiveness of gun control.

Bologna!

Then these statistics are countered by the pro-gun side, however no one ever changes their mind, no matter how impressive the numbers. Statistics are a liar's best friend, and liars know this better than anyone. Trust me, it's how I passed Statistics with Dr. Degges and debate with Mrs. Gunderson. I found out quickly that I could easily develop a long list of numbers to support any argument on either side, creating any impression I fancied. Politicians and the media do it all the same. Well let me tell you something, the founders of our country didn't have statistics folks, but what they had in abundance was common sense. So if you don't mind me lending a machete to your intellectual thicket, here is what I find commonly sensical:

Number 1: Thugs ignore gun laws. To think that individuals that ignore laws against murder, rape, assault, and robbery (just to name a few) will, by any stretch of lunacy, obey gun laws is ignorance in it's purest form.

Number 2: Thugs prefer unarmed victims and avoid potentially armed citizens. Amazing bit of deductive reasoning, isn't it? They prey on the defenseless. You don't hear about shootings in police precincts, but at schools. For crying out loud, these are innocent children! I am tearing up now, so forgive me for any emotional pull I might have, my last intent is to sway an opinion by appealing to one's emotions. Back to my point, areas where individuals aren't "packin" are easy pickins for people with harmful and cruel intentions.

Number 3: Crime is deviant behavior. A gun is an inanimate tool, not deviant behavior; and crime is deviant behavior, not an inanimate tool. You can't prevent deviant behavior by regulating tools, because tools are incapable of behavior, and the number of tools available to the world's deviants is endless. Even if you could remove guns from existence by legislative fiat, deviants would, could, and have used other means that give them a power advantage over their victims. Knives, clubs, rocks, sticks, all of which are very legal and readily accessible.

Number 4: The strongest point of all is a mere twenty-seven words and is absolute in its nature. It trumps all statistics ever concocted by man and all arguments ever made - and not one of these twenty-seven words is a number. "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." Absolute, unambiguous, and supercedes all arguments and statistics.

Well, that was a little intense, however, necessary. Now I'm going to go watch the Grinch. Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment