Thursday, January 17, 2013

I need a Pintervention.


I suppose I should do some sort of Christmas-recap-Happy-New-Year's-reflection thing, but the truth is, I don't really feel like it. Christmas was a bit of a disappointment, as holidays usually are, and it passed as Christmas usually does. Next year on Christmas I'm going to do everything in my power to be able to tell my boss that I can't work a Holiday, which is absurd, I'm aware, but it's on my to-do list, because this year I caved. I'm a caver. New subject...

Like New Year's. Now THAT was a fun holiday, as I spent it going to bed at 9 with my cat so that I could get up for work the next morning. This is my year, folks. Or not.

In my not-so-free time I have discovered a wonderful, addicting, money-sucking, beautiful, horrendous thing: Pinterest.

For those of you that have been living under a rock, Pinterest is an online pin board consisting of things such as recipes and craft ideas. It's basically like Etsy and Pottery Barn got drunk, hooked up, made a baby, and Pinterest is their family scrapbook.

Now are you Pinterested?

Out of nowhere, I want to plan some sort of wedding that doesn't exist, I want to decorate a home I don't have, and I want to have some sort of dream craft room, complete with burlap and mason jars. But really, all I'm doing is telling myself how creative I am, while looking at other people's awesome ideas, while staring at a computer screen at work in-between clients. Essentially, I spend 90% of my time on Pinterest to escape from the drama and atrocious grammar on Facebook. The other 5% of my time I spend at Hobby Lobby, spending the money I didn't rightfully earn because I was on Pinterest all day, and the other 5% I actually spend accomplishing my responsibilities.


So, as you can see, these odds suck.

I haven't done laundry in 12 days, but if you need a rosemary mint sugar scrub, I'm your girl.

That's it. I'm head over tea kettle on this one.

I need a Pintervention.

A divine Pintervention.

This is a cry for help.

I would even dare to go as far as considering myself a Pinster. A pinning gangster.

It's a treacherous neighborhood, and I'm the Mafioso.












No comments:

Post a Comment